Closing: November 22, 2018
Hiring Range: $46,654 – $55,984 annually
The purpose of this position is to administer grant-related and general fund accounting and financial procedures for the Office of Economic and Workforce Development. This is accomplished by interpreting federal and state regulations and City policies; managing accounting expenditure activity; initiating, managing and monitoring grant funded purchases; overseeing invoice procedures; managing property inventory; reviewing and executing contracts and amendments to ensure contractual compliance; developing and executing grant logistics; performing financial monitoring of contractors’ records; and handling other duties that include but are not limited to preparing journal entries and maintaining financial records for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts difficult special or general review of accounting records and reports and verifying the correct application of accounting principles.
- Analyzes, reconciles, prepares, and enters journals for accounts, generates spreadsheets to audit general ledger, reviews documentation assessing for completeness and accuracy, prepares electronic copies and backup documentation to attach to journals.
- Plans and develops charts of accounts, procedures, and systems for preparing fiscal reports and for maintaining special fund or special project control accounting records; and studies and recommends revisions in existing accounting forms and procedures.
- Responsible for formulating, monitoring and reporting for the department’s federal, state, local and private grants and contracts related to Workforce Development
- Prepares and reviews contracts for conformance and compliance.
- Develops and monitors budgets and requisite reporting.
- Prepares documentation to support monthly federal drawdowns and salary allocations.
- Maintains required grant reports and documents.
- Monitors inventory.
- Conducts monitoring visits of contractors and file reviews.
- Prepares reports for Workforce Development Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2 or more years of Accounting work experience
- Federal/State Grant experience strongly preferred
- MUNIS experience