The A. John “Jack” Vogt Lifetime Achievement Award for Outstanding Commitment to the Advancement of Local Government Budgeting & Evaluation recognizes individuals who have advanced the field of budgeting and/or evaluation in North Carolina local government.
Nominations for the 2018 A. John “Jack” Vogt Award are currently open. Get the nomination form here and submit your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9, 2018.
Nominees must have 10 years of local government service in North Carolina. (“Government service” is defined broadly as any profession that works in or with municipal, county or other local government jurisdictions. Examples include budget/finance professionals, city/county managers, elected officials, academics, local government financial consultants, etc.).
Nomination & Presentation of the Award
Nominations are considered annually. However, the award is not required to be awarded on an annual basis.
- Nominations should be submitted from peers in the field of local government budgeting in North Carolina.
- Nomination forms will be distributed late-summer or fall.
- Award recipient(s) will be named at the NCLGBA Conference.
Award Selection Criteria
Nominations will be evaluated for consideration based on the following:
- At least ten years of local government experience in North Carolina,
- Commitment to the field of local government budgeting and/or evaluation,
- Commitment to professional development (ongoing commitment to learning),
- Innovation in budgeting and/or evaluation (demonstrated significant or new course set in local government budgeting and/or evaluation), and
- Commitment to nurturing, mentoring or educating others in the field.
Nominations will be reviewed by:
- One School of Government liaison or appointed faculty member
- Past two NCLGBA Presidents
- All four At-Large NCLGBA Board Representatives
Previous Award Winners
The full list of previous Jack Vogt Award winners is available here.