Closing: June 14, 2019
Hiring Range: $51,822 – $80,000 annually
The City of Raleigh Budget and Management Services Department is responsible for leading organization-wide performance management and strategic planning efforts. By determining desired outcomes, collecting and analyzing data, and linking data to overarching priorities, the City of Raleigh leverages strategic planning and performance management to assist with allocating resources and administering services to benefit our community of 450,000+ residents.
Reporting to the Strategic Planning & Performance Manager, the Senior Strategic Planning & Performance Analyst will play a critical role in the success of the City’s performance management and strategic planning efforts. We are seeking an individual who will bring their strong interpersonal, analytical, and critical thinking skills, along with their passion and persistence for excellence, to contribute to our efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in consultations with organizational leaders, department directors, and key stakeholders on how best to measure success.
- Assist departments with the development, analysis, and use of performance measures and related reporting.
- Assist with preparing, analyzing, reconciling, and translating performance measures, benchmarking, and related data (qualitative and quantitative) into strategic recommendations and action plans.
- Perform in-depth research and analysis, including the review of available datasets to analyze ways to enhance City operations and effectiveness.
- Assist with the management of complex and significant strategic planning projects, including the City of Raleigh’s Strategic Plan and departmental business plans.
- Support the City’s stat program.
- Manage the City’s strategy planning software.
- Assist with the development and delivery of classroom training and small team coaching related to performance measures, strategic planning, and related management techniques.
- Assist with survey design and analysis of survey data.
- Perform a variety of complex, diverse, and advanced level professional and technical duties in support of the City’s performance management and strategic planning efforts.
- Analyst may assist the Budget team with the City’s budget process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Public administration, performance management, strategic planning, and local government financial and management concepts
- Project management and research principles and resources
- Analytical and statistical concepts and tools (including Microsoft Excel)
- Synthesize complex ideas and communicate them in an understandable way to others, both written and orally
- Conduct comprehensive research
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and creativity
- Manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Work independently, as well as, collaboratively as a member of a team
- Establish constructive and effective working relationships with employees at every level of the organization
- Using performance metrics and data to identify areas for improvement and facilitate solutions
- Managing projects with multiple stakeholders and non-line authority
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, public policy, data analytics, business or public administration or closely related discipline and five years of professional experience in performance management, program evaluation, strategic planning, data analytics, or budget administration.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.