Hiring Range: $58,962-$79,599 annually
New Hanover County is seeking a Senior Strategy and Budget Analyst to become part of a dynamic, professional county organization with a clear vision as a vibrant, prosperous, diverse coastal community, committed to building a sustainable future for generations to come. This position performs responsible professional work as an expert resource/teacher on continuous improvement principles and application, collaborating in the development and reporting of performance and improvement measures across multi-functional agency lines.
- Collaborates with leaders at multiple levels in the organization to develop, sustain, and update a continuous improvement system and associated strategic plans.
- Coaches and trains senior leadership and continuous improvement learners at all levels on the full range of innovation and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Prepares, analyzes, reconciles and translates performance measures, benchmarking and related data into strategic recommendations and action plans.
- Assists department heads and other stakeholders with the development of performance measures and related reporting.
- Assists with strategic planning and strategy implementation efforts.
- Creates presentations and reports for the County Manager, the Board of County Commissioners and other officials, as directed, including but not limited to performance data reports.
- Ensures all processes related to the preparation, review, and maintenance of assigned projects are completed with accuracy.
- Prepares and submits progress reports to the County Manager and other County officials.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Performs work during emergency/disaster situations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge of performance measurement and continuous improvement methods, tools and techniques; analysis, design and development of complex business and management systems; operationalizing strategy with the balanced scorecard strategy management system.
Skilled in leading and facilitating groups in continuous improvement; working collaboratively with public officials, senior management and key community partners; consulting, facilitating and influencing at senior leadership levels; coaching, mentoring, training and teaching learners; analyzing information, solving complex analytical challenges, and making practical recommendations based on analysis; organizational and project management; using office software programs including, word processing, spreadsheet, database statistical analysis, presentation, cloud based collaboration tools and email; and communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field and five (5) years of experience facilitating process improvement activities that included leading large-scale cross-functional teams and value stream-based improvement projects involving senior leadership; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Experience must include cascading corporate strategy down to an individual department level.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.