The registration deadline for the 2019 Summer Conference has been extended until Friday June 28th. Please visit the Conferences page for all the details on how to register.
A draft agenda for the conference can be found here. Our conference planners are particularly excited about the following sessions:
- Leading Emergency Response, Presenter: Brock Long, Hagerty Consulting
Brock is going to speak to disaster recovery from many different lenses and experiences, most recently as is the former FEMA Director!
- The Past, Present, and Future of Your Pension, Presenters: Patrick Kinlaw, State Treasurer’s Retirement Systems; Sam Watts, State Treasurer’s Retirement Systems
A discussion on LGERS increases, oh my!
- Creating a High Performance Culture – Engaged Employees Transforming Communities, Presenters: Rebecca Jackson, City of Fayetteville; John Werner, Board International
Our Title Sponsor will help communicate how culture has a lot do with getting good performance, how technology can help!
- Past President Panel: The Bat-Signal has been answered! Presenters: Past Presidents of NCLGBA
A reflection on how being a President as part of this fine organization has helped with career!
While registration remains open, the hotel room block at the Embassy Suites has filled. Some other hotel options include:
- Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, 440 feet, 2 min. walk
- Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, 0.4 miles, 7 min. walk
- Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Downtown/Historic District, 0.5 miles, 10 min. walk
- Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown, 0.6 miles, 11 min. walk
If you are interested in being added to the waitlist for the room block at the Embassy (in case of cancellations) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.