Closing: May 13, 2018
Hiring Range: $47,001-$54,051 annually
Forsyth County is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter experienced in local government for the position of Budget and Management Analyst.
An employee in this position serves as a liaison between County Management, elected officials, and County departments/agencies.
Responsible for the formulation of the annual budget through a complex prioritization process involving County departments and management staff. Position monitors the fiscal status of assigned departments throughout the year, making necessary adjustments, and provides extensive management support and analysis as requested. Makes presentations of analysis to Board of Commissioners and presents agenda items to the Board during the weekly briefing sessions as required.
Work also includes conducting special studies independently or as a member of a team; and preparing and presenting reports. Judgment and initiative are required. Work is performed under general supervision and is evaluated in conferences, by observation, and by review of reports.
The employee in this position must have the ability to:
- Multi-task and produce multiple professional reports and results within specified timelines.
- Work with large amounts of data, interpret financial records, detect errors, and prepare financial reports
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Research, analyze and evaluate proposed programs and expenditures.
- Assist and advise department managers in the preparation of annual budget requests and presentations.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduation from a four year college in public administration, business administration, or closely related field.
- At least two years related budget and research experience.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
A higher education level may be considered as a substitution for all or part of the experience requirement. A four year degree outside of the relevant academic field plus additional years of relevant experience may also be considered.