Closing: August 31, 2017
Salary Range: $56,387-$71,893 annually
Adjacent to Research Triangle, the Chatham County is one of the fastest growing counties in the state and is the smallest county in North Carolina with an AAA bond rating, reflecting in part the county’s excellent capital planning process and sound operating budget. This position will work directly with the Budget Director to prepare the county’s operating and capital budget; will performs complex analysis and research to make recommendations concerning efficiency and effectiveness at all levels of county operations; and will take the lead on implementing the county’s strategic planning process. A successful applicant will have three or more years of experience as an analyst. The county plans to train the analyst to assume the director’s position upon the director’s retirement.
- Analyzing capital and operating budget requests
- Serving as a department liaison and provides assistance in developing capital and operating budget requests and monitoring throughout the year
- Projecting revenues and expenditures
- Producing capital and operating budget documents to comply with GFOA standards
- Assisting departments with performance measurement and benchmarking
- Evaluating county programs/services to determine relevance, performance, efficiency and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement
- Developing and implementing a strategic planning process for the county focused on implementing the county’s recently completed Comprehensive
- Overseeing the county’s nonprofit allocations process
- Writing grants for high-yield projects
Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business or public administration or related field plus 3-5 years experience in a government budget development and administration position required.