Closing: July 16, 2018
Hiring Range: $50,386-$60,463 annually
Provide an overall review of operational issues, administer and prepare City budgets, and manage analysis of City programs. This is accomplished by evaluating budgets, conducting cost-benefit, productivity, and management analyses, conducting research, evaluation, and assessment of City programs, and assessing community needs. Other duties include performing special projects as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops annual operating budget systems by gathering and analyzing data; demonstrating financial understanding; monitoring financial budgets; analyzing cost-benefit productivity and funding appropriation; and providing reports and documentation of annual budget.
- Performs special projects by planning and performing management analysis; providing budget analysis; communicating with other City employees and the general public; evaluating alternative solutions; and recommending actions and follow up tasks to a resolution.
- Provides staff support by solving analytical problems; analyzing information; developing conclusions and recommendations; improving departments’ financial understanding; and preparing financial reports.
- Assist with ongoing departmental engagement activities, including working with departments to incorporate resident feedback into the design of current and new initiatives for departmental and strategic plans.
- Help increase organizational capacity to effectively implement strategic plan initiatives through providing means for communicating about and evaluating projects
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of related experience.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Master’s Degree (MPA, MBA) preferred
- Local government and enterprise system experience
- Knowledge of performance measurement / management, priority based budgeting, and using data to make budget decisions