Closing: November 7, 2019
Salary: $98,600 – $131,466 annually
The City of Greensboro is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Budget and Evaluation Director. This position is a member of the executive team and reports directly to an Assistant City Manager.
The City of Greensboro operates under a Council-Manager form of government. The City has approximately 3,000 employees working across 20 departments. The new Director of Budget and Evaluation will work with a budget for all funds of $566.5 million. The individual selected for this key role will lead the Budget and Evaluation Department of seven direct reports including administrators and analysts.
The Budget and Evaluation Department leads and serves City government in making informed decisions in resource allocation, program evaluation, long-range financial and management planning, and budget preparation. Specific department responsibilities include:
- Preparing the City’s annual budget document
- Preparing the Capital Improvements Program (CIP)
- Leading the organization’s strategic planning efforts
- Serving as consultants for organizational productivity efforts and management studies
- Compiling and maintaining the list of external user fees
- Participating with the UNC School of Government’s Benchmark Project
This job is Exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Education and Experience
- Masters Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field and 4 or more years of progressive experience in state or local government service delivery including:
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Organizational Development
- Experience with and knowledge of North Carolina Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act and implications for North Carolina local governments
- Experience with Infor/Lawson Financial Management ERP or similar budget management software
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in state or local government service delivery, including:
- Organizational Strategic Planning
- Contracts Management
- Office management and supervisory experience