Closing: September 8, 2017
Salary Range: $51,322 – $84,682 annually
Catawba County, the hub of the Greater Hickory Metro area, is recruiting for an experienced Budget & Management Analyst to perform advanced professional management analysis and evaluation in the preparation and administration of the County’s operating and capital budgets. Catawba County is a progressive, professionally managed organization with a budget of over $250 million and 1,080 FTEs. With the Board of Commissioners recently undertaking a community-wide strategic plan, the Budget & Management Office is ideally positioned to assist in evaluating and implementing critical strategic initiatives to move the Board’s vision for the community forward. If you want to be part of a dynamic team focused on driving positive community change, this position may be what you’re looking for.
- Provide departments and County Management with complex management and research analysis used to drive organizational and budgetary decision-making.
- Perform thorough programmatic, service, and policy analysis of budget requests and make associated recommendations to County Management.
- Work closely with department heads to understand services, assist in developing budgets and outcomes and monitoring progress.
- Evaluate funding and program requests, develop alternatives in collaboration with department staff and recommend approaches.
- Forecast revenues and expenses for the development of the annual budget.
- Develop the budget document, presentations, performance dashboards, etc. used to message county services and performance.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration or related fields and two years of professional experience in public administration, budget, program, or operational analysis; or
- Four-year degree in Public or Business Administration or a related field and three years of professional experience in public administration, budget, program, or operational analysis
Preference for MPA with experience working in a budgeting/financial role for local, state, or federal government.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent communicator who possesses the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals while reflecting outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Possess strong analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills.
- Possess ability to formulate recommendations/alternative ways of doing business that takes into account relevant viewpoints, alternative approaches, pros and cons.
- Be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team.
- Possess ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at one time.
- Be detail and deadline oriented.
- Possess strong presentation skills with the ability to turn complex information into easily consumable dashboards, infographics, etc.
- Be highly proficient in computer use, particularly Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat products.