Closing: Open until filled
Starting Salary: $16.28 – $26.05 hourly
The Town of Hillsborough is looking for a full-time or part-time budget technician to assist with the preparation and monitoring of the town’s budget. This position is time limited for nine months. The preferred work schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday, 4-8 hours per day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with developing the town’s annual budget document.
- Reviews, analyzes and monitors the town’s operating budget by conducting monthly reviews of departmental revenues and expenditures.
- Assists in updating departmental year-end budget estimates and projections.
- Edits and properly formats budget documents by ensuring that formulas have not be altered.
- Analyzes and evaluates departmental requests for budget submissions and amendments by reviewing validity and accuracy of information.
- Performs mathematical calculations with skill and accuracy.
- Assists with balanced scorecard and top departmental updates and the town’s performance measurement system.
- Provides on-going assistance to departments and responds in a knowledgeable, courteous and professional manner.
- Enters adopted budget information into the town’s financial system.
- Attends meetings related to assigned activities.
- Participates in analytical studies and research projects and provides recommendations and feedback as requested.
- Assists with budget amendments to be approved by budget staff.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Requires an associate degree in budgeting, finance, public administration, business administration or related field and one year of experience in a budget office or providing administrative support in accounting and/or budgeting; or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.