Closing: February 27, 2017
Expected Hiring Range: $50,440-$70,616 Annually
The Administrative Services Coordinator II – Business Officer is responsible for supervising the fiscal stewardship and financial compliance for the Human Services’ Department Housing and Transportation Division’s programs. This includes oversight of $20 million budget funded through Federal, State and Local sources. It reviews and assists in strengthening contracts, division-wide, providing recommendations to ensure appropriate performance expectations are included and processes are in place to manage those contracts. It identifies operational and/or employee skills that could be improved to encourage smoother procedures, more efficient workflow and overall business process improvement. Opportunities to recognize other necessary tasks and work with Division leadership on additional projects will be available.
Home to the State Capital, Wake County is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and the second-most populous county in the state, with approximately 1,000,000 residents. The County has received national and international rankings and accolades from publications such as Money, Fortune, and Time magazines as being one of the best places to live, work and play. The central location of the County allows for a short drive to the spectacular mountains or coast. Wake County Government is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, who are elected at-large to serve four-year terms. Wake County Government has a general operating budget of $1.063 billion, employs approximately 3,800 employees, experiences minimal turnover, and is an award -winning leader in wellness and technology initiatives; such as offering employees and covered spouses free access to the Employee Health Center. Wake County Government offers a wide range of training and development opportunities, a stable career in public service with a balance of work and family life, flexible work schedules and a competitive salary and benefits package. See the full summary of benefits here.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Detailed understanding of budgeting, financial management, and grant compliance with skill to accomplish tasks and processes accurately and timely
- Knowledge of appropriate business practices and procedures – allocate resources, plan procurement and oversee budgets and contracts to ensure fiscal stability of the organization
- Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others and convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message
- Demonstrated successful ability to generate and implement innovative solutions in work situations
- Critical problem solving and analytical thinking skills to identify, negotiate, and facilitate solutions by taking action to improve existing conditions and processes
- Ability to build solid cross-functional relationships internally and externally to identify and maintain partnerships and research best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field and two years of experience in administration; or equivalent.
Preferred Experience, Skills & Training
The preferred applicant will have:
- Progressive experience providing administration services such as budget, finance and/or contract management
- Familiarity interpreting policy and maintaining Federal or State grant compliance
- Demonstrated ability to review business process and recommend improvements
- Possess a Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field