Closing: January 9, 2020
Starting Salary: $58,556 annually
The position will work mainly in performance management and strategic planning. This will include working collaboratively with City departments to tackle process improvement issues and on assignments from the City Manager’s Office to perform evaluations of departmental performance. The position will also provide support to strategic planning facilitation and goal attainment.
The ideal candidate should have experience in creating and using performance metrics to help manage business practices and oversee strategic objectives with a heavy focus on effectiveness and outcome-oriented metrics. The ideal candidate would also have great communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental personnel and executive level management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides analytical assistance related to current processes, business functions, and special projects as requested.
- Performs best practices research, analysis, and writes reports to provide recommendations for city processes, policy, initiatives and projects.
- Assists in the development and support of a city-wide performance management system measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental services; coordinates and communicates performance of existing program, performance metrics, strategic and operations.
- Prepares and presents reports and requirements related to assigned projects to an executive audience.
- Prepares bid specifications and scope of work documents for projects and programs as assigned; coordinates and communicates in evaluation and selection of vendors for projects and programs as assigned.
- Monitors and ensures timely compliance with internal reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of performance measurement and management principles;
- Thorough knowledge of standard office suite products: Word, PowerPoint, E-mail with Intermediate to Advanced Excel capabilities;
- Ability to communicate complex data applications and improve data management practices;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities from management;
- bility to identify and implement process improvement strategies for any City department.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, or related field and moderate experience in research and data analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in public administration, statistics or related field preferred.