Closing: April 14, 2016
Salary Range: $52,900 – $71,500
Position Description & Responsibilities
Coordinate, direct and supervise the budgeting and financial operations of the Board of Elections. Monitor expenditures and revenues and provide fiscal oversight and reporting. Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures. Direct and coordinate the annual budget and business plan. Prepare revenue projections and expenditures. Monitor the regular reporting of revenues and expenditures. Prepare documents and related information for review by boards and committees. Ensure timely receipt of federal, state and grant revenues. Oversee fiscal reporting and reimbursement requests. Oversee payment requests. Develop and monitor internal controls for revenues. Monitor internal programs, grants and external agencies to ensure compliance with regulations and contracts. Provide oversight of contracted services budgets and ensures efficient funds encumbrances. Collaborate with Finance Department on report development relating to departmental expenditures and revenues. Respond to inquiries from independent auditors.
The successful candidate is:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical analysis skills
- Ability to design and implement in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly motivated
- Ability to work independently or on a team with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work extended hours and weekends when required
- Knowledge of North Carolina Statutes related to North Carolina Election Law
- Knowledge of web-based finance management systems
- Knowledge of Advantage Financial and Advantage Human Resources Management
- Knowledge of county elections operations
- Knowledge of county elections operations budgets
- Knowledge of county elections operations purchasing and contract services laws and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or Finance and two years experience in finance, budgeting, policy or management analysis; or equivalent.
- A valid driver’s license and a “safe” driving record required.
- Six months of experience working in a County-level Board of Elections Office preferred
- Experience working with governmental budgets preferred