Closing: 10/29/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Hiring Range: $51,246 – $61,495 annually
The Equity & Inclusion Department creates an environment that promotes, supports and advances equity and inclusion in City of Durham contracting and organizational decision-making, If you’re interested in promoting an inclusive environment in which all small businesses thrive, join our team!
Devoted to providing management analysis and oversight; departmental budget and personnel management; program administration and oversight; risk management and safety services. Perform fully-proficient financial, managerial and/or operational analysis work or program administration for a City-wide function or City department that requires independent evaluation and analysis of issues and the exercise of judgment, education and experience to select and apply criteria to resolve problems and make recommendations. Decision-making includes selecting the method to address a problem or issue, subject to the constraints established by management objectives and direction. Responsible for researching, compiling, and analyzing information; preparing reports; managing programs and/or processes; assessing programs and performing quality control; consulting with management and other staff; performing special projects; serving as a liaison to other City departments, vendors or external customers; performing marketing, as assigned; analyzing operational processes and recommending improvements; developing performance measures; developing and updating business plans and assisting with strategic planning; overseeing/processing contracts/agreements and/or leases; and coordinating and administering budgets. As assigned, may serve as a lead worker, assigning work and monitoring work completion or supervise paraprofessional and/or support staff including conducting performance evaluations, coordinating training, and implementing disciplinary action.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administers programs including evaluating program performance; performs quality control; develops performance measures; recommends improvements; assists with strategic planning; and ensures compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, reviews, and/or processes reports, business plans, contracts, agreements, leases, claims, forms, applications, promotional materials, and other documents; updates and maintains databases, online systems, and webpages; researches updates, compiles, analyzes, and/or reviews information; produces findings and develops recommendations; reviews work and the work of others for accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborates with, and serves as a liaison to, City management and departments, vendors, and/or external agencies; attends meetings to provide consultation and professional assistance; coordinates public outreach; conducts site visits and/or investigations, as assigned; develops and delivers training, as assigned; and promotes programs and other department operations.
- Develops, prepares and administers budgets including monitoring expenditures, researching and analyzing financial and related data, preparing cost estimates, and making budget and procurement recommendations.
- Assisting with the administration of the City’s equal opportunity and small business enterprise programs to ensure compliance with City policies and procedures related to contracting.
- Reviewing and processing certification applications.
- Scheduling and conducting site visits.
- Analyzing application data.
- Making certification recommendations.
- Project coordination with departments.
- Ensuring compliance of bidders and assisting qualified firms.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or directly related field.
- Two years of professional experience in an area related to assignment.
- Some assignments may require a valid North Carolina Class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record within 60 days of hire.
Additional Preferred Skills:
Supplier Diversity and/or racial equity and inclusion experience preferred.