Closing: July 30, 2019
Salary: $59,085 annually
This position is located in the Department of Finance and is responsible for performing professional and technical duties involved in revenue analysis, financial/economic research and analysis, modeling and forecasting. This is a highly technical position with visibility and coordination of work activities. The preferred candidate will be comfortable with working with high volumes of data, and at the same time be able to interpret and communicate those numbers and trends effectively in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, analyzes, interprets, and produces various revenue analysis
- Accumulates, consolidates, and effectively presents revenue information from disparate sources
- Prepares reports and presentations of revenue analysis and findings
- Assists with maintaining a manual of various revenue sources, legal authorization and revenue trends of all revenues collected by the government
- Assists with consolidating and evaluating short and long term revenue forecasts and generates enterprise-wide roll-ups and critiques on various revenue sources
- Assists with improving revenue management reporting quality by analyzing metrics and recommending appropriate action plans
- Assists with long term financial planning activities
- May serve on committees, advisory groups, and panels as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and abilities
- Some background in revenue management analytics and metrics
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of governmental budgeting, policy analysis, and budget implementation
- Advanced skill with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and
- PowerPoint to facilitate financial analysis
- Knowledge of J.D.Edwards Enterprise One and Oracle eBusiness Suite software
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software such as R, Stata, etc.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 – 4 years of professional-level experience in finance, public administration, economics, mathematics or related discipline. Master’s Degree in finance, public administration, economics, mathematics or related discipline preferred.