Closing: 9/27/2021 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $75,108 – $123,926 annually
The Town of Cary is recruiting for a collaborative, innovative and passionate Financial Analysis Manager. Cary is focused on creating “The Local Government That Doesn’t Exist” by exceeding standards for how municipalities should operate. We embody excellence and professionalism by demonstrating leading practices and partnering effectively with our community. We are looking for a budget and analysis professional to help us build on our legacy of excellence while recognizing there is always room for growth and innovation. High-performing candidates who are adaptive, ready to engage in problem solving, dare to think differently, have the technical skills to deliver, and want to make a difference in their community are encouraged to apply. This is a supervisory role and reports directly to the Town CFO.
- Lead activities and operations related to implementing and communicating Cary’s operating and capital budget processes; plan, direct and manage the coordination of organizational budget activities; provide direction to division staff and oversight for the production of budget documents.
- Partner with key management, Financial Strategy Analysts and other essential staff within Finance and throughout the organization, to refine data collection, cleaning and management to perform data-driven analysis at all levels.
- Advise key management, Town Manager and other municipal executives on issues related to the budget, tax and rate sufficiency, current and prospective financial conditions, and policy and operational issues.
- Collaborate with key management and Finance staff in preparing recommendations for debt offerings for the completion of capital projects.
- Orchestrate continuous improvement of budgeting and data analysis processes to ensure consistent, integrated systems that meet generally accepted budgeting and financial standards and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Guide, coach and develop a team of professionals passionate about delivering exceptional budget reporting and management and data analysis.
- Significant experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Considerable experience in public finance or budget administration.
- Extensive experience in complex financial reporting, budgeting and/or accounting, including supervisory experience.
*A master’s degree in public or business administration may be substituted for some experience.
Requires drug testing and background check (which may include criminal check, education verification and credit history review) prior to employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- You are proactive by nature, can move between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively, and love the satisfaction of brilliant execution.
- Strong independent judgement and a mastery of recognizing, understanding, and communicating relationships between high level and technical concepts.
- Possess creative thinking skills, with a track record for bringing strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Limitless curiosity and a growth-mindset driving you to learn more, experiment more and continuously evolve.
- The ability to be proactive and hands-on by nature and come up with new thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do. It is crucial that you are an independent player who can be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for everyday delivery.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to manage complex issues in a highly detailed technical environment.
- An aptitude for recruiting, coaching, and developing others, understanding team dynamics and strengthening the overall capability of the Financial Strategy and Analysis Team as well as the organization as a whole.
- Proven ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, orally, in writing and through presentations.