Closing: 7/22/21 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $72,650 – $84,456 annually
This position provides direct support and assistance to County Leadership and Departments through strategy, innovation, process evaluation, and data-informed decisions that result in the advancement of the organization’s strategic goals and vision.
- Conduct systematic and methodical evaluation and analysis of data and facts to inform decision making by Department Directors and County Leadership; make recommendations to management through presentations or written reports.
- Assist in Departmental Business Planning through a process that defines and documents goals, initiatives, actions, and measures that align with and assist in the execution of the County’s strategic vision and plan.
- Provide Enterprise Level project management by planning, coordinating, communicating, and governance to achieve an organization wide result with a defined beginning and end.
- Develop and design performance metrics and indicators that demonstrate effectiveness of key business initiatives.
- Create and maintain data management tools for use by internal and external stakeholders of the County.
- Analyze data from multiple sources in order to provide cost-benefit analyses and other information that inform important decisions.
- Provide departmental support including informing decisions related to business operations, process improvements, policy compliance, and gathering best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, or a related field and four (4) years of experience in project management, data analysis, change management, program evaluation, statistical application, or consultation; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to assess business and management data needs.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data and draw conclusions from the analysis pertaining to the evaluation of project / program objectives.
- Ability to assess the accuracy and integrity of data.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely and to plan and execute work effectively.
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion in applying and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of other county, state, federal and private agencies whose work impacts the County, with which the County partners with, along with a high degree of resourcefulness and judgement in determining applicability of the guides in unusual circumstances.
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations, funding streams, and policies that govern programs.
Buncombe County Government realizes the importance of a diverse professional workforce and the need to foster a responsive and innovative organizational culture, one that fully engages all of our employees, honoring and building on each employee’s unique experiences, opinions, and perspective. It is the policy of Buncombe County to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class under federal or NC State law. In addition the Agency expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment or discrimination. Applicants for employment are invited to participate in the affirmative action program by reporting their status as a protected veteran or other minority. In extending this invitation, we advise you that: (a) workers (applicants) are under no obligation to respond but may do so in the future if they choose; (b) responses will remain confidential within the human resource department; and (c) responses will be used only for the necessary information to include in our affirmative action program. We are a company that values diversity. We actively encourage women, minorities, veterans and disabled employees to apply. Refusal to provide this information will have no bearing on your application and will not subject you to any adverse treatment.