Closing: December 3, 2019
Salary: $49,122 – $73,683 annually
The City of Rocky Mount is accepting applications for a new Management Analyst position, which will start in January 2020. This is a great opportunity to be part of a environment of diverse responsibilities, working in our City Manager’s Office and supervised by the Budget & Evaluation Manager. This position assists in the coordination and administration of the City’s operating budget, capital improvement program, and performance evaluation, and coordinate and administer analysis projects involve Citywide operations, and those of specific departments.
- Assist with coordination and administration of the annual operating budget process, as directed by the Budget & Evaluation Manager. This includes preparing forms and instructions, training City staff, analyzing requests, providing recommendations to the Budget & Evaluation Manager for funding, and maintaining the budget software system.
- As directed by the Budget & Evaluation Manager, collects, analyzes, and summarizes departmental capital improvement program project submissions for review, ensuring requests are balanced and prepared for evaluation.
- Coordination and administration of the City’s performance evaluation program, including review and audit of measures, the recommendation of new measures, and monitoring of performance for impact and cost-effectiveness.
- Preparation and maintenance of assigned records, files, spreadsheets, and document sections.
- Monitoring assigned budget areas and determination of appropriate methods to address budgetary concerns.
- Coordination and performance of assigned analysis projects, including a selection of methods, collection of information, conveying of results, preparation of recommendations, and presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Assists with the general tasks of the City Manager’s Office, including customer services, assisting other employees and providing support to other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years of experience or service.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience enough to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of operating and capital budgeting models, concepts, and practices;
- Familiarization with productivity improvements concepts and practices;
- Understanding of organizational theory.
- Understanding of management analysis tools.
- Knowledge of budgeting and decision management systems.
- Knowledge of performance measurement practices. o Knowledge of state laws related to municipal government.
- Knowledge of the City Code of Ordinances.
- Familiarization of fiscal control practices.
- Skill in analyzing problems and identifying solutions.
- Skill in preparing clear and accurate reports.
- Skill in establishing cooperative and productive working relationships.
- Skill in evaluating and establishing written policies and procedures.
- Skill in setting priorities for competing projects.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
- Skill in operating computers and other standard office equipment.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.