Closing: August 3, 2017
Salary Range: $49,645 – $65,159 annually
Responsibilities / Qualifications
This position is found in the Youth & Family Services (YFS) division of the Department of Social Services and is responsible for conducting research and analysis, advising management on results and recommending necessary adjustments to department procedures. This position works under the guidance of YFS division management on strategic projects to include assisting in the establishment of goals and objectives and may respond to requests from County or local municipality government.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and two years of related professional experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job are required. A Master’s degree preferred, as well as knowledge of project management, research principles and performing statistical analysis and performing statistical analysis.
Management Analysts perform a wide variety of complex and diverse advanced level professional and technical duties. The incumbent will contribute to the department’s strategic planning, promote data-driven decision making, conduct and/or participate in research and analysis projects to develop departmental process improvements. Trouble shoot issues and resolve problems.
The ideal candidate would have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- At least 2+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of child protective services
- A master’s degree in business administration, public administration, social sciences, economics, statistics or closely related field with major course work in an analytical discipline.
- Advanced level MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take multiple data sets from various sources and analyze for trends/results
- Experience with methods, principles, and techniques associated with research, data collection, report writing with data analysis and interpretation
- Ability to review and evaluate current processes and make recommendations for a future state
- Ability to develop, administer, and analyze questionnaires/surveys
- Ability to assist in the development and monitoring of strategic plans and performance measures
Collaboration & Communication skills
- Ability to work with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to create professional presentation materials, ranging from power point presentations to reports using descriptive and advanced statistical analysis.
Foundational understanding of and/or work experience in the Social Services field
Previous experience of Safe Measures (data reporting system).