Closing: 9/21/21 5:00pm EST
Hiring Range: $70,000 – $77,000 annually
The Mecklenburg County Office of Management & Budget (OMB) is excited to announce that we are recruiting to fill a vacant Management & Budget Analyst position. Come join our high-performing team who work together to provide critical analytical services on behalf of our more than 1,100,000 residents. The Office of Management & Budget serves as an objective policy advisor to the County Manager on all decisions regarding our $2B operating budget and resource allocations across the organization. We have been recognized by GFOA with Awards of Excellence for our quarterly budget monitoring report process, as well as our comprehensive budget public engagement process. The Enterprise Management & Budget Analyst is responsible for completing budget, program, and policy analysis. Analysts regularly present research, findings, and recommendations to County leadership to facilitate informed discussion and decision making.
- Works with assigned departments on budget development and monitoring
- Participate in research and analysis projects to develop sustainable, repeatable, and quantifiable budget related process improvements
- Research best practices to develop recommendations to reduce overall cost or improve services
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and forecasting of expenses and revenues for assigned departments
- May also be responsible for managing projects involving public engagement and stakeholder groups
- May be responsible for drafting policies and contracts for a wide range of government services
- Gather, maintain, and analyze data from multiple reporting systems
- Conduct data analysis using excel, PowerBI, and other tools
- Analyze financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure, and personnel reports
- Develop solutions or alternative practices based on sound logic and data
- Recommend new systems, procedures, or organizational changes
- Make recommendations to management through presentations or written reports
- Work in environment that will require serving on a team of analysts to complete major assignments
- Provide consultation and customer support to assigned departments
Experience: Minimum of two years of performing professional financial and administrative work
Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field
Combination of relevant education and relevant experience accepted? Yes
Licenses and Certifications: May require a valid North Carolina or South Carolina Driver’s License
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Business English, and arithmetic.
- Overall function, responsibilities, and services in assigned area.
- Research principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Data visualization.
- Local governmental budgetary principles.
Skills: Perform statistical analysis and conducting research.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the information provided
- Basic Project Management –Plan, Manage and track tasks to complete individual and group research/analysis projects.
- Facilitating Change: Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace
- Formal Presentations: Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience
- Information Monitoring: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite