Closing: 8/4/2021 11:59pm EST
Hiring Range: $51,416 – $58,500 annually
The Transportation Department’s Office of Parking Management, an Accredited Parking Organization with Distinction by the International Parking and Mobility Institute, invites qualified candidates to submit their application for the position of Fiscal Coordinator. Parking Services is an enterprise business operation that manages the City’s On- and Off-Street Parking programs, including metered parking, residential parking, special events, curbside development, and a variety of specialized services.
The Fiscal Coordinator provides oversight of general ledger accounting and closing processes by revenue source ensuring the adherence with quality standards, policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations. The position researches, analyzes, maintains or oversees the maintenance of financial records, statements, performance metrics and other documentation related to revenue sources, customer accounts, parking citation financial data, program, project and/or process; performs data modeling, ad hoc analysis and/or special reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and assesses operational efficiency, financial records and ledger accuracy, and the effectiveness of internal controls; develops, recommends and implements program enhancements, controls, policies and procedures.
- Serves as a technical lead and liaison with internal and external customers, program stakeholders, and partner organizations; provides consultation and subject matter expertise related to assigned area; handles escalated issues; implements program and project solutions.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements, journal vouchers, transaction documents, schedules, reports, presentations, contracts and other documentation; ensures timely and accurate reporting in accordance with applicable standards, policies, requirements and regulations.
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business administration or a related field.
- Three years of related experience.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Cash handling and cash reconciliation experience at a management level.
- Experience reviewing and assessing financial records and general ledgers.
- Experience managing accounts receivable for customer billing accounts.
- Experience preparing and reviewing financial statements, journal vouchers, transaction documents, financial schedules and reports.