Closing: 3/31/21 11:59pm EST
Salary Range: $61,762 – $82,349 annually
The City of Greensboro exists to partner with the community to build the desired quality of life for Greensboro. All of our actions are guided by our commitment to and measured by our success in building public trust and the future we and the community desires. Critical to our success is maintaining a work environment which fosters employee commitment to public service and making a difference in the lives of our residents. If this sounds like a purpose that you would like to share in, please consider the opportunity below.
Work Schedule: 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday; meetings outside of normal work hours on occasion
The Performance and Strategy Analyst will coordinate, develop, and implement the City’s organizational strategic and performance management initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the organization and departments through consulting, measurement development, data analysis, performance reporting, training, and coaching; facilitating cross-functional teams tasked with solving problems; and providing training to all levels of the organization in strategic planning, performance management, and innovative improvement. This role has high visibility to the departments, city management team, and City Council.
This position will perform professional-level data analysis and reporting for research projects focusing on process improvement and innovation initiatives. In coordination with the City’s Chief Data Officer and other team members, the position will produce reports and presentations, graphics, and develop open data and social media platforms; perform and coordinate related research studies; identify and apply data analysis methods to assist improve city operations; evaluate City processes and performance; and coordinate with team members, partners, and other internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Tasks:
- Oversee the development and implementation of the City’s performance management program.
- Provide consultation and facilitation to departments on performance management and strategic initiatives methodology, plan development and implementation; ensure alignment of departmental plans to citywide goals and initiatives and coach departments.
- Develop, collect, analyze, and report performance-related information and communicate results in clear and useful ways to various audiences.
- Lead and manage strategic initiatives and performance improvement by developing initiatives, coordinating and conducting meetings; recruiting and training individuals with varying degrees of management responsibility; creating presentations and reports for all levels of the organization and the public.
- Facilitates cross-functional teams tasked with solving problems, which span multiple departments or internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively across functions to create buy-in, foster inclusiveness, and develop effective partnerships.
- Lead special projects requested by departments, city management, and city council and respond to information requests related to performance, strategy, innovation, and continuous improvement.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree with 4-6 years of experience in organizational strategic planning and performance management implementation and oversight.
- Certified Budget and Evaluation Officer
- Certified Performance Management Professional