Closing: Open until filled
Salary Range: $53,118 – $95,612 annually
The purpose of this job is the preparation and maintenance of complex financial records to include controlling the banking system and managing the funds transmission system. This position works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
- Manages daily cash by reviewing bank account balances to ensuring the financial position is within the cash flow requirements.
- Operates online banking accounts to retrieve confirmations of funds received and deductions, and to initiate wire/EFT transfers.
- Works with Accountants that analyze and reconcile the operating account to make sure deposits, credits, and debits are recorded properly.
- Participate in the annual audit, completing all work papers in areas assigned in preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Reconciles all transfer accounts and works with the Budget Department to ensure all budget amendments involving transfers between funds and due to/due from between funds are captured by Finance.
- Attends trainings and related continued education courses for further enhancement of knowledge of accounting, cash management, debt management, and investments.
- Performs related tasks as assigned/required.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance supplemented by two (2) years of accounting experience or related work; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.