Closing: January 29, 2018
Hiring Range: $47,916-$86,248
Are you a budget or finance professional who is looking for a change? While the title is a little strange, this position is responsible for a cross functional role including budget analysis, performance management, financial operations, and operational analysis within the Durham County Sheriff’s Office.
The Administrative Officer assists in oversight of all financial affairs for the Office of the Sheriff. This work entails bank account reconciliations, contract compliance and fiscal grant reporting. Additionally. This position is responsible for management and budget analysis, as well as assisting with budget development and management. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Finance Officer.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of bookkeeping, accounting and statistics.
- Ability to express complex ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of statistical analysis and agency financing and audit procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, community agencies, the public and various community officials.
- Ability to prepare and present complex technical reports.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or a related field and three years of progressive experience with governmental contracts and grant management. Familiarity with SAP ERP system is preferred.