Closing: 7/16/21 11:59pm EST
Hiring Range: $58,402 – $64,242 annually
The Budget and Management Services Department works to solve Durham’s biggest challenges. We are innovators, managing City resources like they’re our own, guiding the City’s future through strategic planning and encouraging a culture of innovation and continuous improvement through special projects, partnerships and trainings. If innovating to solve challenges drives you, too, join our team in Durham! Devoted to program administration, consulting, project management and community collaboration to facilitate the attraction and retention of business, employment opportunities, housing and community development/revitalization. Serve as a designated subject matter expert, performing complex analysis and/or program administration, which may include providing first or second level supervision to paraprofessional (non-exempt) employees. Decision-making includes providing input into management objectives and selecting the method to address a problem or issue, subject to the constraints established by management objectives and direction. Responsible for supervising staff members; performing program-specific activities such as interpretation/translation; task force staff support and facilitation; identifying community engagement strategies and performing community outreach activities; identifying and working with sponsors, participants, and stakeholders; facilitating meetings; establishing, measuring, analyzing and tracking performance measurement statistics, program goal achievement and outcomes; developing marketing, branding and informational strategies and materials; developing and coordinating events; compiling, analyzing, and maintaining records and data; preparing reports; overseeing purchases; preparing or assisting with the preparation of the program’s budget; and attending community meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, manages, and coordinates community and economic development programs; supervises or leads staff; researches, develops, and implements program strategies and policies; conducts research and benchmarking studies; manages, leads, and assigns projects; identifies and implements community engagement and program marketing strategies; monitors program and project outcomes; performs program-specific activities; and ensures compliance with contracts and applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborates with program sponsors, residents, City management, City departments, and/or external agencies; attends and/or organizes committee, board, and related meetings; facilitates partnerships; provides subject-matter expertise and consulting; performs outreach and educational activities; conducts training; plans and implements program improvements; and assists with resolving public policy and other high-visibility and complex issues.
- Administers procurement processes; assists with preparing and managing budgets including monitoring expenditures, assessing needs, reviewing and/or approving payment requests, and monitoring inventory levels; researches, analyzes, and reports on financial and operational information; prepares cost estimates and financial forecasts; and makes budget and procurement recommendations.
- Plans and coordinates the preparation of and/or prepares, maintains, reviews, and submits operational, financial, grant-related, and other reports, records, files, contracts, applications, proposals, communication and marketing materials, agendas, and other documents; oversees the maintenance of websites and databases; coordinates data collection and analysis processes; researches, compiles, analyzes, and presents information; reviews work and the work of others for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- As assigned, may serve as a lead worker, assigning work and monitoring work completion or supervise paraprofessional and support level staff including conducting performance evaluations, coordinating training, and implementing hiring, discipline and termination procedures. Project manage third party private contractors who deliver workforce development services.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or directly related field
- Five years of professional program administration and/or analytical experience in area of assignment.