Closing: May 29, 2016
Hiring Range: $51,294 – $82,070
Come join the leading team in budgeting and innovation! The City of Durham is looking for a new Budget Analyst to join our Budget and Management Services department. Join our award winning department recognized by the ICMA, Alliance for Innovation, and recipients of 27 consecutive GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation awards.
Coordinate preparation of the annual capital improvement program, the impact fee program and / or to review upon adoption annual operating budgets. This is accomplished by serving as a team leader and trainer for budget analysts, preparing public presentations, forecasting and monitoring revenues and expenditures, and managing various studies and projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains annual operating budget development and production by creating, preparing, and reviewing all supporting budget documents; analyzing critical department budget issues; clarifying all department complex budget questions; tracking department performance measurements; and proofing all publications for the annual budget book.
- Maintains responsibility for long term assignments by scheduling meetings; drafting agendas; documenting progress; assigning and tracking tasks; developing supporting analyses; preparing presentations; engaging in public speaking and facilitation; resolving disputes; and developing alternative solutions.
- Provides department assistance and manages special studies and projects by preparing capital and grant project ordinances and assisting departments with yearend expenses and revenue projections.
- Provides team leadership and management support by serving on lead projects; supporting and leading internal and external teams; and being available to staff for assistance with technical matters and assignment completion.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three or more years of related experience
Additional Preferred Skills
- Master’s Degree (MPA, MBA) preferred.
- Local government and enterprise system experience preferred.
- Knowledge of performance measurement / management, priority based budgeting, and using data to make budget decisions preferred.