Closing: October 2, 2015
• Provides expert strategic planning and performance management advice and assistance to the City Manager, City Council, City Departments, and the public.
• Supports the City Manager’s Office with organizational change efforts and development by assisting city staff in developing and implementing the citywide strategic plan, departmental business plans, benchmarks, performance measures and targets.
• Assists the City in developing and managing a performance management system, starting with the creation of performance measures and targets with the objective of a meaningful and robust performance reporting system.
• Partners with Budget staff and Internal Audit to identify opportunities for organizational performance reviews of City operations with the greatest potential financial, strategic or operations impact.
• Builds capacity and skills within the City for continuous organizational improvement.
• Assists the City Manager’s Office in reporting progress of the city’s strategic plan to the City Council and public.
• Serves as visible champion of City strategic planning and implementation efforts and communications both internal and external to the organization.
• Spokesperson to civic organizations and residents regarding the citywide strategic plan and organizational performance.
• Responds to inquiries from the press, City officials, and the public regarding the strategic plan and citywide performance.
• Identifies opportunities to promote the City’s policy objectives and community partnerships in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
• Makes recommendations regarding budget priorities to align resources to meet strategic priorities.
• Coordinates/Facilitates assignments and work related to strategic planning support and analysis among budget analysts. (May supervise staff.)
• Serves as Alliance for Innovation liaison for the organization.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, or related field. Master’s degree in public or business administration is strongly preferred.
At least five years of increasingly responsible management experience with responsibility for organizational strategic planning and performance management, preferably in the public sector. Experience developing and facilitating cross‐ disciplinary teams and integrating meeting design principles. Experience developing and managing performance measurement systems that track and report progress on strategic plan performance outcomes. Knowledge of current best management practices in the field of strategic planning and performance measurement.