Closing: open until filled; first applicant screening begins January 18
Salary Range: $68,271-$84,334 Annually
City of Charlotte Department of Management and Financial Services, Office of Strategy and Budget seeks an experienced, self-motivated, and innovative individual to serve as a Strategy and Budget Analyst for the City of Charlotte. Position works in a fast paced yet rewarding public sector environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Serves as budget, strategic planning, and performance measurement contact for assigned departments in preparation and review of the strategic operating plan. Evaluates multiple departmental budgets and performance measures for appropriateness, impact, cost effectiveness, and conformity to City priorities and Council focus areas. Provides consulting services to departmental contacts on a variety of issues, including policy development, fiscal administration, strategic planning, and program evaluation.
Regularly participates in special initiatives/studies, often requiring complex financial analysis, individually or in team format. Participates on team responsible for policies and procedures related to Clarity Budget System.
- Requires at least five years of experience with budgeting, financial analysis and/or accounting, preferably in the public sector. Experience in financial management and knowledge of government budgeting, performance measurement, and program evaluation highly desirable.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports and to effectively communicate orally and in writing with department heads, management, and staff required.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn and use new software required.
- Business process mapping and strong analytical experience desirable.
- Must have ability to work on multiple tasks and in a team environment.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college in public administration, business administration, accounting or related field.
- Will give extra consideration to candidates with financial certifications such as CPA or CMA; a graduate degree is highly desired, preferably a Master of Public or Business Administration.